|SAN DIEGO PADRES||MILWAUKEE BREWERS|
|Everth Cabrera - SS||Carlos Gomez - CF|
|Chris Denorfia - RF||Scooter Gennett - 2B|
|Seth Smith - LF||Ryan Braun - RF|
|Chase Headley - 3B||Aramis Ramirez - 3B|
|Will Venable - CF||Jonathan Lucroy - C|
|Jedd Gyorko - 2B||Khris Davis - LF|
|Yonder Alonso - 1B||Lyle Overbay - 1B|
|Rene Rivera - C||Jean Segura - SS|
|Tyson Ross - RHP||Kyle Lohse - RHP|
Lyle Overbay is in the starting lineup for just the second time since April 13 as the Brewers take on the Padres Wednesday night. Between paternity leave and Mark Reynolds being an all-around better player, Overbay hasn't had much of a chance to get playing time. However, he has gotten a hit in each of his last three appearances, with a .750 batting average over that span! So things are looking up for him, I guess.
Meanwhile, Jean Segura remains at the bottom of the order and is hitting eighth. Scooter Gennett, as a result, remains in the second spot. The rest of the lineup is as-usual.
Kyle Lohse is making his fifth start of the year after holding the Pirates to one run over six innings last week. He's been pretty great this year with a 2.67 ERA and 26 strikeouts over 27 innings. Here's hoping he can keep it up!
- Carlos Gomez suspension: Can his appeal last until Logan Schafer returns?
- Were the Brewers wrong about Khris Davis?
- Johnny Hellweg suffers UCL injury: Tommy John surgery likely
- Poll: Does Carlos Gomez need to tone it down?
- Pirates and Brewers fight: Carlos Gomez suspended 3 games, Travis Snider for 2, Russell Martin gets 1