The Brewers had the day off. With a quiet day of news yesterday, I decided to keep today's post short.
- As expected, Brandon Kintzler was activated from the 15-day DL and Alfredo Figaro was optioned back to Nashville. Kintzler will be available for tonight's game.
- Noah found a map from the NY Times showing fan loyalties by zip codes. It's not the most scientific thing out there, and it doesn't tell us much more than we already knew. However, it's still cool to look at.
- Will Smith has been a big part of the bullpen's strong start to the season. Justin Schultz of Reviewing the Brew looks at what has made him so successful.
- Over on Disciples of Uecker, Curt Hogg answers some questions on the current catcher and second base situations.
- Adam McCalvy writes that while Tyler Thornburg is thriving as a reliever, he would still like to be a starter.
- Enrique Bakemeyer of The Brewers Bar provides some "arbitrary judgments" on the suspensions served from the Brewers-Pirates fight.
- Bernie Pleskoff of MLB.com looks at how the Brewers may have found a gem in Wei-Chung Wang.
- Richard Justice of MLB.com says the Brewers shouldn't be looking ahead and should just ride the wave of success for now.
- Ryan Topp of Disciples of Uecker has part two of his nine reasons why the Brewers are for real on WISports.com.
- In their power rankings, Yahoo has the Brewers up six spots to #1.
- The Badgers Final Four team will make a trip to Miller Park on May 9. The Brewer Nation blog has details on their visit.
- Carson Cistulli of NotGraphs has something for the kids: a coloring book of baseball fights.
Minor League Update
|Nashville Sounds||AAA||9-11||Oklahoma City 6, Nashville 1||
Fri: Nashville @ Oklahoma City
Sat: Nashville @ Oklahoma City
Sun: Nashville @ Oklahoma City
|Huntsville Stars||AA||13-8||Huntsville 3, Tennessee 1||
Fri: Huntsville @ Tennessee
Sat: Huntsville @ Tennessee
Sun: Huntsville @ Tennessee
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||11-9||Daytona 7, Brevard County 3||
Fri: Daytona @ Brevard County
Sat: Brevard County @ Daytona
Sun: Brevard County @ Daytona
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||10-9||Burlington 4, Wisconsin 1||
Fri: Wisconsin @ Kane County
Sat: Wisconsin @ Kane County
Sun: Wisconsin @ Kane County
News & Notes
- Marcus Young of Miller Park Prospects profiles Caleb Gindl and his start this year in Nashville.
Check out morineko's daily minor league update for a more in-depth look at yesterday's minor league results.
- Reds 2, Pirates 1: A two-run double from Ryan Ludwick put the Reds ahead, and Tony Cingrani allowed only one run in his six innings as the Reds took the series.
- Mets 4, Cardinals 1: Bartolo Colon held the Cardinals to one run in seven innings and Daisuke Matsuzaka earned his first career save, and Daniel Murphy drove in two runs to help power the Mets to a win.
- Diamondbacks 5, Cubs 2: Mike Bolsinger held the Cubs to one run in 6 2/3 innings and had an RBI single to lead the Diamondbacks in their 5-2 win.
This Weekend's Games
- Pirates @ Cardinals
Friday: Gerrit Cole vs. Shelby Miller - 7:15 pm
Saturday: Francisco Liriano vs. Tyler Lyons - 3:05 pm
Sunday: Edinson Volquez vs. Adam Wainwright - 1:15 pm
- Reds @ Braves
Friday: Homer Bailey vs. Ervin Santana - 6:35 pm
Saturday: Mike Leake vs. David Hale - 6:10 pm
Sunday: Johnny Cueto vs. Julio Teheran - 12:35 pm
This Weekend's Action
The Brewers start a three-game series against the Cubs tonight. Jordan had a preview of the series yesterday and what to expect from the Cubs. Here are the projected starting matchups:
|Date||Cubs Starter||Brewers Starter||Time|
1-4, 10.93 ERA, 3.45 FIP
0-2, 4.50 ERA, 3.86 FIP
1-2, 2.52 ERA, 2.42 FIP
1-1, 2.66 ERA, 3.95 FIP
3-1, 2.60 ERA, 4.46 FIP
3-0, 2.19 ERA, 4.44 FIP