Yesterday was windy in Philadelphia. The broadcast kept reminding us of that fact. They even gave us a good visual of the crazy wind inside the stadium!
Meanwhile, Ryan Braun was booed out of the ballpark, figuratively. That didn't stop him from having one of the best games of his career, however. His first moment came on defense, saving what may have ended up being two runs from scoring.
The Brewers took the plate after that with Carlos Gomez doubling, then Jean Segura laying down a beauty of a bunt.
That brought Ryan Braun up, and he crushed a ball to tie Geoff Jenkins for third all-time on the Brewers home run leaderboard.
The very next inning, Braun went ahead and took third place to himself.
And, just for good measure, a little later in the game he hit one more dinger for the second three-homer game of his career.
Jean Segura scored a couple of runs on a 2-3 day. He maybe should have had a stolen base as well, but was called out on this play. Ron Roenicke decided not to challenge.
Ben Revere is a pretty good defensive player. Even the best make mistakes, though, as he showed on a deep Mark Reynolds fly ball. Khris Davis would score on the play.
- Brewers 10, Phillies 4: Team Braun is blasting off again
- The Brewers did well in their first week of the season. How does the second week look?
- Rickie Weeks contract: What would make the Brewers pick up his option?
- Prognostikeggers 2014 - Week 2
- Curb Yo Enthusiasm: Is Yovani Gallardo's early-season success an anomaly?