It was a back and forth game yesterday. The Brewers led 1-0, then were down 3-1, then led 4-3, and increased it to 6-3. Baltimore got a run back, and the Brewers took a 6-4 lead into the ninth inning. The Brewers had a 98.9% chance of winning with two outs in the ninth inning, and then three straight Orioles hits tied the game at 6-6. The Brewers managed to get runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out in their half of the ninth, but a questionable substitution and an unlucky double-play ended the inning. In extra innings, the Orioles got a run in their half of the tenth inning, and the Brewers couldn't put together anything in the tenth as they lost.
There's a few injury updates.
With yesterday being Memorial Day, and the Brewers playing an early game, there wasn't much to report in terms of what we learned. We did get a few injury updates, though. On the positive side, Aramis Ramirez is improving and could return during this homestand. He has been running and swinging the bat, and could go on a minor-league rehab assignment if he chooses to. Meanwhile, on the negative side, Jim Henderson returned to Milwaukee while feeling some pain in his shoulder, and there is no longer a timetable for his return.
- Fox Sports kept the Brewers stable at #4.
- Justin Schultz of Reviewing the Brew dropped the Brewers two spots to #6.
- ESPN dropped the Brewers three spots to #7.
- Sports Illustrated placed the Brewers at #8, down four spots.
- Derek previewed the Brewers vs. Orioles series yesterday.
- After Jimmy Nelson's start on Monday, Bill Berg of Reviewing the Brew looks at the future of Nelson.
- Jonathan Lucroy is having a special season this year. Adam Wieser of Disciples of Uecker takes a minute to talk about Jonathan Lucroy.
- As he is called up to the majors, Brad Krause of Miller Park Prospects has a profile of new Brewers infielder Irving Falu.
- Enrique Bakemeyer of The Brewers Bar took the opportunity to remember a classic Memorial Day pitcher's duel at Miller Park between Yovani Gallardo and Chris Carpenter.
- For Memorial Day, the Brewers had plenty of festivities going on, including special uniforms, pregame ceremonies, and more. Cait of the John & Cait blog has details on all of the festivities.
- For the Orioles series, the special menu item is a Baltimore Pit Beef Sandwich.
- This upcoming Sunday for the Brewers game against the Cubs, there will be a special fundraiser for the Koos for Kids Charity at the Milwaukee County Zoo.
Minor League Update
|Nashville Sounds||AAA||27-25||New Orleans 3, Nashville 0||Colorado Springs @ Nashville|
|Huntsville Stars||AA||34-17||Huntsville 5, Tennessee 4||Tennessee @ Huntsville|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||25-24||OFF||St. Lucie @ Brevard County|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||23-26||Wisconsin @ Clinton (SSPD)||Wisconsin @ Clinton|
Check out morineko's daily minor league update for a more in-depth look at yesterday's minor league results.
Today's Division Games
- Pirates (Edinson Volquez) @ Mets (Jonathan Niese) - 6:10 pm
- Yankees (David Phelps) @ Cardinals (Lance Lynn) - 7:15 pm
- Reds (Alfredo Simon) @ Dodgers (Zack Greinke) - 9:10 pm
- Cubs (Jake Arrieta) @ Giants (Tim Hudson) - 9:15 pm
The Brewers try to get back on track tonight against the Orioles. They will look to Matt Garza to get things going, and the Orioles will counter with Wei-Yin Chen. First pitch is at 7:10 pm, and Alec Shirkey of MLB.com has the preview.