The Brewers put up single runs in the third, fourth, and fifth innings to back a solid start from Wily Peralta. Peralta pitched 6 1/3 innings and allowed only one run, allowing four hits, a walk, and striking out three. Meanwhile, Jonathan Lucroy led the offense with a 3-for-5 day, and Carlos Gomez and Scooter Gennett also recorded 2-for-5 games. Francisco Rodriguez closed the game for his 20th save of the season.
- Contrary to reports, Kodi Medeiros has not agreed to a deal with the Brewers yet, but is closing in on one. Adam McCalvy has full details on the current situation with Medeiros.
- John Sickels of Minor League Ball has an analysis of the National League Central following the draft.
- The Nebraska football team took a hit when Monte Harrison signed with the Brewers, as Nerbraska lost a highly recruited wide receiver prospect.
- The series on the NL All-Star roster continued yesterday, looking at which first basemen should make it on the team.
- The recent trouble in the rotation is a concern in the long term. Jonathan Judge of Disciples of Uecker looks at how the Brewers rotation compares to other contenders.
- David S. Grant of Reviewing the Brew gives Doug Melvin a gold star for his offseason moves, looking at how they have played out so far this year.
- Will Smith is always ready to pitch in the bullpen. Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel looks at how Will Smith has adjusted to coming out of the bullpen this season.
- Scooter Gennett was inserted into the leadoff spot yesterday, but it's not his first experience there. Adam McCalvy wrote about Gennett's leadoff experience and approach to the spot.
- Steven Jewell of Reviewing the Brew looks at Rickie Weeks, what he has put together so far this season and what to expect from him as the season continues.
- AK of Ron Roenicke Stole My Baseball put together a team of the worst players on the best Brewers teams.
- The Brewers Wall of Fame will be unveiled tomorrow, and Adam McCalvy has a profile of the event.
Minor League Update
|Nashville Sounds||AAA||37-30||Nashville 3, Reno 2||Reno @ Nashville|
|Huntsville Stars||AA||43-24||Huntsville 3, Chattanooga 2||Chattanooga @ Huntsville|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||33-29||Brevard County @ Lakeland
|Brevard County @ Lakeland
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||33-32||Wisconsin 6, Beloit 2||Beloit @ Wisconsin|
|DSL Brewers||R||7-3||DSL Braves 11, DSL Brewers 5||DSL Tigers @ DSL Brewers|
News & Notes
- Teddy Cahill of Brewers.com notes that Mitch Haniger had a two home run game for the second straight day on Wednesday.
Check out morineko's daily minor league update for a more in-depth look at yesterday's minor league results.
Today's Division Games
- Dodgers (Zack Greinke) @ Reds (Alfredo Simon) - 11:35 am
- Cubs (Jeff Samardzija) @ Pirates (Edinson Volquez) - 6:05 pm
- Cardinals have the day off.
The series against the Mets concludes this evening. Kyle Lohse will face off against Jon Niese tonight. First pitch is at 6:10 pm, and Caitlin Swieca of MLB.com has the preview.