Courtesy of three home runs (two of them by second basemen!), the Brewers beat the Rockies in their series opener 7-4. Derek has your full recap here.
- The Brewers series' finale against the Nationals was marred a little bit by a benches clearing altercation involving Carlos Gomez and Ian Desmond. Things cleared up quickly, but we took a look at whether either player was really in the wrong.
- The Brewers had a scout at a David Price start, but could he actually have been there to look at other Rays players? Derek takes a look at other potential Tampa Bay trade targets.
- There was an enormous shake-up in the Brewers organization yesterday as they lost Irving Falu on waivers to the Padres. This will have enormous ramifications moving forward.
- Derek also had the Rockies series preview.
- The Brewers have their best-ever record 81 games into the season, according to Adam McCalvy
- McCalvy also had a look at the Brewers' second base platoon, saying that Gennett's hot hitting is unlikely to shift much playing time and Weeks is making a big impression despite limited time.
- Reviewing the Brew takes a look at ticket sales for the Brewers/Rockies series, noting ticket prices are 45% below normal.
- Disciples of Uecker says the Brewers need to be careful this upcoming trade season.
Minor League Update
|Nashville Sounds||AAA||40-37||Lost 11-1 vs New Orleans|
|Huntsville Stars||AA||50-28||Won 4-1 vs Montgomery|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||41-33||Won 4-2 vs Lakeland|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||41-35||Lost 5-0 at Kane County|
|Helena Brewers||R||4-6||Lost 7-3 vs Great Falls|
|AZL Brewers||R||4-2||Lost 7-5 at AZL Dodgers|
Check out morineko's daily minor league update for a more in-depth look at yesterday's minor league results.
This weekend's Action
Friday: Brewers vs. Rockies, 7:10 CT
Saturday: Brewers vs. Rockies, 3:10 CT
Sunday: Brewers vs. Rockies, 1:10 CT