WP: Matt Garza (4-4)
LP: Edinson Volquez (3-5)
MVP: Khris Davis (+.252)
LVP: Matt Garza (-.096)
It's a late-recap type of night, so let's hit the main points from the game:
- Brewers took an early 1-0 lead in the first on a sacrifice fly from Jonathan Lucroy.
- Pirates took the lead with two runs in the third from Pedro Alvarez.
- Khris Davis tied the game in the fourth with an RBI double to make it 2-2.
- Lyle Overbay put the Brewers ahead for good later in the fourth with an RBI single.
- Pirates closed it to 4-3 with a run scoring on a double play in the sixth.
- Brewers scored four in the eighth to increase the lead to 8-3, with RBIs from Rickie Weeks, Jean Segura, and Ryan Braun.
- Brewers tack on one more in the ninth from an Irving Falu sacrifice fly.
- Jonathan Lucroy and Khris Davis each went 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored to lead the offense.
- Matt Garza had a rough (but quality) start, pitching six innings and allowing six hits, five walks, and three runs (all earned) with only one strikeout.
- Rob Wooten, Will Smith, and Brandon Kintzler each pitched scoreless innings to close out the game.