The Brewers fared well for the most part in last night's game. Jonathan Lucroy went 2-for-2 with two doubles and two RBI, and Aramis Ramirez was 2-for-3. Carlos Gomez was hitless in the game but contributed with a few nice catches on defense. Finally, Francisco Rodriguez pitched a scoreless inning, allowing only one walk. However, it wasn't enough to overcome five runs given up by Cardinals pitchers, as well as a lack of offense from the rest of the team.
- Adam McCalvy notes that the Brewers All-Stars are confident in a second-half turnaround. Meanwhile, as they participated in the All-Star festivities, Jean Segura has remained on the Brewers minds.
- Pat Neshek of the Cardinals knows some of what Jean Segura is going through. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel wrote about how Neshek went through his own tragedy in 2012.
- Ben Tannenbaum of The Brewers Bar looks ahead to the second half of the season and considers the losing streak to end the first half a fluke.
- Over on Disciples of Uecker, Jonathan Judge analyzes the projected stats to see who should win the NL Central. Meanwhile, Nicholas Zettel looks at the relation between offense and pitching and how it could affect things going forward.
- FanGraphs is going through their list of most valuable players by trade value, and Carlos Gomez came in at #33.
- Grading the first half of the season, Rick Kaplan of The Sports Xchange gave the Brewers a B-, with only the Pirates receiving a better grade in the division.
Minor League Update
|Nashville Sounds||AAA||51-47||All-Star Break|
|Huntsville Stars||AA||58-37||OFF||Tennessee @ Huntsville|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||49-37||OFF||Brevard County @ St. Lucie|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||49-44||OFF||Bowling Green @ Wisconsin|
|DSL Brewers||R||18-21||DSL Tigers 18, DSL Brewers 1||DSL Brewers @ DSL Tigers|
|Helena Brewers||R||11-17||OFF||Orem @ Helena|
|AZL Brewers||R||11-9||OFF||AZL Brewers @ AZL Indians|
News & Notes
- Sam Peterson of Miller Park Prospects has a profile of Victor Roache.
- Jay D of Reviewing the Brew also has an update on Victor Roache.
- Ak of Ron Roenicke Stole My Baseball put together his midesason update of his top 10 prospects.
All of baseball is off for the next two days as we conclude the All-Star Break.