The Brewers offense never got going in Toronto yesterday. They managed one run on four hits, with the lone run scored coming on a Ryan Braun RBI double. Marco Estrada had a good pitching line, going six innings and allowing just two runs. However, both runs scored on solo home runs, which continued his home run struggles this year. Rob Wooten allowed the other two runs in the eighth inning.
- Our midseason review series continued yesterday with Jordan's thoughts on the first half of the season.
- Prior to the start of the Blue Jays series, Derek looked at the quick two-game series against Toronto and what to expect in each game.
- Platoon is not a dirty word, especially in the situation at second base. Derek explained why the platoon at second base is a good thing.
- The most recent update of voting for the All-Star game came out yesterday, and both Carlos Gomez and Aramis Ramirez maintained their starting spots for the NL team. Jonathan Lucroy remained in second at catcher, Mark Reynolds jumped up to second at first base, Rickie Weeks remained at fourth for second base, Jean Segura held the second spot for shortstop, Ryan Braun remained in the fifth spot in the outfield, and Khris Davis jumped up to seventh in the outfield.
- After sitting out Sunday's game, both Carlos Gomez and Jean Segura returned to the starting lineup on Tuesday. Adam McCalvy looked at some of the reasons as to why Segura is struggling.
- Wily Peralta went 5-0 in the month of June. Ben Tannenbaum of The Brewers Bar looks at why Peralta was so successful in those starts.
- Over on Reviewing the Brew, David S. Grant compared the current rotation to the 1982 Brewers rotation.
- The trade deadline is less than a month away now, but we still are not expecting to see any trades for a while. Adam McCalvy has some quotes from Doug Melvin about his current plan heading towards the trade deadline.
- Jess Lemont of The Brewers Bar notes that Buck Martinez is stuck in an infinite loop.
Minor League Update
|Nashville Sounds||AAA||45-41||Nashville 8, Memphis 5||Memphis @ Nashville|
|Huntsville Stars||AA||53-30||Mississippi 3, Huntsville 1||Huntsville @ Mississippi|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||45-33||Brevard County 3, Daytona 0||Daytona @ Brevard County|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||43-38||Wisconsin 1, Cedar Rapids 0||Cedar Rapids @ Wisconsin|
|DSL Brewers||R||14-13||DSL Brewers 5, DSL Yankees2 2||DSL Brewers @ DSL Yankees2|
|Helena Brewers||R||7-8||Helena 3, Great Falls 1||Great Falls @ Helena|
|AZL Brewers||R||6-4||AZL Mariners 4, AZL Brewers 1||AZL Brewers @ AZL Athletics|
News & Notes
- The Brewers are expected to finally sign Gilbert Lara today. Ryan Topp of Disciples of Uecker has a profile of Lara and an analysis of the expected signing.
- Reviewing the Brew continued their review of the Brewers top minor league prospects with a profile of Orlando Arcia.
Check out morineko's daily minor league update for a more in-depth look at yesterday's minor league results.
Today's Division Games
- Reds (Johnny Cueto) @ Padres (Tyson Ross) - 2:40 pm
- Diamondbacks (Chase Anderson) @ Pirates (Charlie Morton) - 6:05 pm
- Cubs (Travis Wood) @ Red Sox (Brandon Workman) - 6:10 pm
- Cardinals (Adam Wainwright) @ Giants (Ryan Vogelsong) - 9:15 pm
The Brewers wrap up their brief two-game road trip to Toronto this morning. Wily Peralta faces J.A. Happ in the second game of the series. First pitch is at 11:37 am, and Jamie Ross of MLB.com has the preview.