Wily Peralta pitched a good game, going 7 1/3 innings and allowing three runs, seven hits, and two walks. However, the Brewers offense was stagnant and had a total of six hits. Kyle Hendricks and the Cubs bullpen pitched well enough to get the shutout and keep the Brewers subdued.
- Gerardo Parra brings a unique still set to the Brewers. Jordan looked at what Parra brings to the outfield and how it can help the team.
- If Mike Fiers pitches well, could it create a tough decision for the Brewers coaching staff? Noah analyzed a scenario in which the Brewers would have to choose between Mike Fiers and Jimmy Nelson.
- The remaining schedule for the NL Central teams has received some talk in recent weeks. Yesterday, Ben Tannenbaum of the Brewers Bar discussed the remaining schedule and what it means for the teams.
- Matt Garza is improving from is rib cage strain, but still does not have a timetable to return.
- David S. Grant of Reviewing the Brew has an updated list of player power rankings.
- Brewers TV analyst Bill Schroeder is expected to be out a few more days due to an infection that started in his index finger and has spread into his hand and arm.
- Tim Dillard has a breakdown of some of the made-up terms that minor league baseball players use.
- After Monday's catch of Mark Reynold's home run, the guy that caught it received some backlash for throwing back a fake ball. This prompted Enrique Bakemeyer of The Brewers Bar to look at what the expected etiquette is when catching a ball in the stands.
Minor League Update
|Nashville Sounds||AAA||66-57||El Paso 8, Nashville 2||Nashville @ El Paso|
|Huntsville Stars||AA||71-50||Huntsville 5, Tennessee 2||Huntsville @ Tennessee|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||60-55||Brevard County 5, Daytona 1
Daytona 3, Brevard County 2
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||64-55||Clinton 4, Wisconsin 2||Clinton @ Wisconsin|
|DSL Brewers||R||26-36||DSL Blue Jays 12, DSL Brewers 3||DSL Brewers @ DSL Braves|
|Helena Brewers||R||19-35||Idaho Falls 3, Helena 1||OFF|
|AZL Brewers||R||18-23||AZL Giants @ AZL Brewers (PPD)||AZL Giants vs AZL Brewers (DH)|
News & Notes
- Brad Krause of Miller Park Prospects was in attendance at Tuesday's game for the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and has a photo gallery from the game.
Today's Division Games
- Pirates (Vance Worley) @ Tigers (Buck Farmer) - 6:08 pm
- Cardinals (Justin Masterson) @ Marlins (Nathan Eovaldi) - 6:10 pm
- Red Sox (Anothony Ranaudo) @ Reds (Mike Leake) - 11:35 am
The Brewers continue their series against the Cubs tomorrow evening. Kyle Lohse faces Tsuyoshi Wada in the third game of the series. First pitch is at 7:05 pm, and David Adler of MLB.com has the preview.