Yovani Gallardo struggled through four innings yesterday, allowing four runs, with three of those coming in the first inning. Marco Estrada pitched a few innings of relief to keep the Brewers alive, but Brandon Kintzler and Tom Gorzelanny combined to allow three more runs, and it was too much for the Brewers to rally from. Aramis Ramirez drove in two runs to lead the offense, and Carlos Gomez and Khris Davis both homered in the loss.
- A report came out yesterday that Mark Attanasio has interviewed to become the new MLB commissioner. It's a long shot, but this means he's still under consideration.
- Noah notes that yesterday was Ron Roenicke's 600th game as manager.
- Marco Estrada's extended relief appearance last night means that Mike Fiers will probably start on Saturday (though it's not official yet).
- Khris Davis sat again yesterday to rest his sore elbow, but did hit a home run in a pinch-hit appearance.
- Bullpen management has gotten tougher for Ron Roenicke in the second half of the season. Caitlin Swieca of Brewers.com looks at how Roenicke is adjusting to it.
- Over on The Brewers Bar, Ben Tannenbaum analyzes what the Gerardo Parra move means for the Brewers.
- Steven Jewell of Reviewing the Brew takes a look at Carlos Gomez.
- How will Matt Garza's injury affect the Brewers playoff chances? David Lanser of Bleacher Report looks at how Garza's absence will affect the Brewers.
- Yesterday was team photo day for the Brewers, and the team got the traditional photo done, as well as some untraditional team photos.
Minor League Update
|Nashville Sounds||AAA||62-56||OFF||Round Rock @ Nashville|
|Huntsville Stars||AA||67-49||Huntsville 10, Birmingham 5||Huntsville @ Birmingham|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||57-52||Brevard County 6, Tampa 5
Tampa 3, Brevard County 2
|Brevard County @ Tampa|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||61-52||Wisconsin 6, Cedar Rapids 1||Wisconsin @ Peoria|
|DSL Brewers||R||24-33||DSL Marlins 10, DSL Brewers 3||DSL Brewers @ DSL Marlins|
|Helena Brewers||R||18-31||Helena 4, Idaho Falls 3
Idaho Falls 7, Helena 6
|Helena @ Idaho Falls|
|AZL Brewers||R||18-19||AZL Brewers 1, AZL Mariners 0||AZL Athletics @ AZL Brewers|
Today's Division Games
- Red Sox (Brandon Workman) @ Cardinals (Adam Wainwright) - 6:15 pm
- Marlins (Brian Flynn) @ Pirates (Edinson Volquez) - 6:05 pm
- Indians (T.J. House) @ Reds (Homer Bailey) - 6:10 pm
- Cubs (Kyle Hendricks) @ Rockies (Yohan Flande) - 2:10 pm
The Brewers finish their series against the Giants this afternoon. Jake Peavy takes on Wily Peralta in the rubber match today. First pitch is at 1:10 pm, and Jackson Alexander of MLB.com has the preview.