The game started off with a bunch of perfectly placed singles and Wily Peralta walking in a run. It looked like it was going to be another one of those games. However, Peralta locked out the Cardinals offense after the first inning, and the bullpen kept it out. Meanwhile, Gerardo Parra hit a home run to bring the Brewers within a run, and Matt Clark had a sacrifice fly to tie the game in the ninth. In the twelfth inning, Carlos Gomez drew a walk to get on base, stole second, and then stole third (both off of Yadier Molina, who normally doesn't allow that). With two outs, Hector Gomez hit a fly ball that fell just perfectly for a single to put the Brewers up 3-2. Francisco Rodriguez came in for the save, gave us a scare on a long fly ball from Jhonny Peralta, but kept the Cardinals off the board for the win.
- Yesterday, nominees for the Roberto Clemente award were released, and Ryan Braun was the selection for the Brewers. Noah has details on the nomination, and explains why this is hilarious.
- In the third inning last night, Gerardo Parra caught a foul ball near the stands that a fan in the seats tried to get. Parra ended up making peace by giving a kid sitting next to him a ball at the end of the inning. David Brown of Big League Stew has the details on the encounter.
- Mike Fiers will return to the mound tonight for the first time following Thursday's game, where he hit Giancarlo Stanton and the benches cleared following a hit of Reed Johnson. Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel looks at how the Brewers are approaching this start.
- Reviewing the Brew also sees the importance in the next nine games for the Brewers. Michael Trzinski looks ahead to the nine-game road trip that will define the season.
- Something that has flown under the radar recently is the improvement of Jean Segura. Jonathan Judge of Disciples of Uecker analyzes Segura's last month to find how he has improved at the plate.
- On his blog, Tim Dillard discusses some of the different foods he has tried in his travels to different cities in baseball.
Minor League Update
- Brad Krause of Miller Park Prospects breaks down the season for the 2014 AZL Brewers.
Today's Division Games
- Red Sox (Clay Buchholz) @ Pirates (Francisco Liriano) - 6:05 pm
- Reds (Daniel Corcino) @ Cubs (Kyle Hendricks) - 7:05 pm
There's no time to sit and enjoy that win from last night. The Brewers have to get another win tonight against those same Cardinals. Returning to the mound tonight is Mike Fiers, who will have a tough task ahead of him as he faces off against Adam Wainwright. First pitch is at 7:15 pm, and Manny Randhawa of MLB.com has the preview.