Good morning everyone. My internet was down for most of the night and just came back up, so it's not going to be a traditional WWL today. I'll provide a few notes, but I'm going to leave it to you to talk about what you learned yesterday. If you have any good links from the Brewers from the past day, leave them in the comments below and discuss them.
Some quick notes from yesterday:
- Despite getting the offense going a little again, the Brewers still couldn't get back on track and fell to the Marlins 6-4 last night. Derek has the recap from the game.
- The loss pushed the Brewers back to 6 GB in the division and 1.5 GB in the wild card, as both the Cardinals and Pirates won last night.
- Yovani Gallardo set the franchise record for strikeouts last night. However, the future for Gallardo in Milwaukee is uncertain right now.
- MLB released the 2015 schedule yesterday, and Noah has highlights from the Brewers schedule.
- Derek previewed the Marlins series. He also has a response to an article from Viva El Birdos about a comment Jonathan Lucroy made.
- In the minors, Huntsville's season came to an end in the Southern League playoffs as they lost to Chattanooga 7-6 in game 5 of their series. Chattanooga takes the series 3-2, and that ends the season for the last Brewers affiliate. It also is the last game for the "Huntsville Stars" as they prepare to move to Biloxi next season.
- Tonight's game is at 7:10 pm. Tom Koehler starts for the Marlins and Matt Garza starts for the Brewers.
What else did you learn? Leave your lessons in the comments below.