Brewers News and Analysis
- With the arbitration deadline nearing, Derek put out an updated payroll this morning, and explained what the arbitration deadline means for the Brewers.
- Our Brew Crew Blasts series continued with the sixth longest home run of 2014, another leadoff home run from Carlos Gomez.
- Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker has a detailed analysis of how the Brewers fared in different pitch counts during the 2014 season.
- On Brewers.com, Adam McCalvy dives into the mailbag to answer some questions about the Brewers. He answers questions about the Brewers making another move, the possibility of trading a starter, and the possibility of re-signing Francisco Rodriguez.
- Kyle Lesniewski of Reviewing the Brew breaks down the current status of the Brewers farm system.
- This morning, additional benefits were announced for the Timeless Ticket that the Brewers announced earlier this year. Cait Covers the Bases has the rundown of the new benefits.
- Need a cute video to cheer you up this morning? Mike Oz of Big League Stew has a video of Hank the Ballpark Pup wearing a tux to attend the Dog of the Year Awards.
- The Orioles avoided arbitration with Tommy Hunter and signed him to a one-year deal worth $4.65 million. He posted a 2.97 ERA in 60.2 IP last season.
- The Pirates officially signed Jung-ho Kang yesterday to a four-year deal worth $16 million.
- The White Sox avoided arbitration with Dayan Viciedo and signed him to a one-year deal worth $4.4 million. He hit .231 with 23 HR and 56 RBI in 2014.
- Bud Selig has a packed schedule in his final days as commissioner. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel looks through what Selig has on his schedule over the next two weeks.