Brewers News and Anaylsis
- Our Brew Crew Blasts series continued with a bonus post looking at the lucky home runs from the 2014 season.
- The Brewers announced their minor league coaching staffs for the 2015 season yesterday. Brad Krause of Miller Park Prospects has the roster of each team's coaching staff.
- Caitlin Moyer notes that Jonathan Lucroy will attend the State of the Union address next Tuesday as a guest of Senator Ron Johnson. She also posted a time lapse video of Miller Park.
- The Diamondbacks have signed Cuban RHP Yoan Lopez for a record $8.27 million bonus. Lopez chose the Diamondbacks over bigger offers for an easier path to the big leagues. The bonus will count against the Diamondbacks' international pool, meaning they will now be under restrictions for the next two signing periods.
- The Braves signed Wandy Rodriguez to a minor-league deal. He had been reported to get a major-league deal with the Phillies, but may have failed his physical there. Rodriguez is expected to compete for a rotation spot in spring training.
- The Dodgers avoided arbitration with catcher A.J. Ellis and signed him to a one-year, $4.25 million deal.
- The Marlins signed pitcher Nick Masset to a minor-league deal.
- The Nationals acquired catcher Dan Butler from the Red Sox for pitcher Daniel Rosenbaum.
- The Royals extended manager Ned Yost's contract for an additional year. It now runs through the 2016 season.
- The Yankees acquired Chris Martin from the Rockies for cash considerations. They also designated Gonzalez Germen for assignment.
- Details have come out about changes in the way agents are certified, and Eno Sarris of FanGraphs has the details. The changes will make it harder for independent agents to get started in MLB, and favor corporate agencies.