Brewers News and Analysis
- Has this been the most boring offseason in Brewers history? Noah believes that it has been one of the most boring in recent history.
- Johan Santana made a start recently in Venezuela, and Noah notes that the Brewers were among the teams with scouts at the start.
- The Brewers are seeking pitching help, and Derek has a tweet from Ken Rosenthal that the Brewers are looking for a late-inning reliever.
- Our Brew Crew Blasts series continued with the fifth longest home run of the season, a very memorable grand slam.
- Is there a trade being worked on for the Brewers? The Brewer Nation blog has a rumor that something may be in the works.
- When the timeless tickets came out, we wondered who would buy a $1000 ticket. In his report on the tickets, Darren Rovell of ESPN notes that the Brewers have sold 240 of the 1000 tickets.
- The Face of MLB vote has begun, and Jonathan Lucroy is the candidate for the Brewers. Cait Covers the Bases has the details on how to vote for Lucroy.
- The Astros acquired catcher Evan Gattis from the Braves in exchange for three prospects.
- The Blue Jays claimed RHP Matt West off waivers from the Blue Jays, and designated RHP Cory Burns for assignment to clear roster space.
- The Mariners acquired LHP Mike Kickham from the Cubs for RHP Lars Huijer.
- The Nationals acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics in exchange for reliever Tyler Clippard.
- The Rockies avoided arbitration with Drew Stubbs, signing him to a one-year, $5.825 million contract. They also avoided arbitration with Tyler Chatwood with a two-year, $2 million contract.
- Giordano's, a pizzeria in Chicago is selling a pizza with a Cubs logo on it. Big League Stew has a picture of the pizza.
- Parks and Recreation has mixed some baseball jokes into the show at times. Mike Oz of Big League Stew notes that the season premiere had another baseball reference in it.