Brewers News and Analysis
- Despite talk on the topic going quiet, the rumors around the Brewers looking to acquire Jonathan Papelbon are not dead yet. Derek looked at the current rumors yesterday, as well as the potential hurdles that need to be cleared for a deal to happen.
- Meanwhile, rumors about a possible reunion with Francisco Rodriguez continue as well, and Derek tries to look at the bright side of him returning to the team.
- Over on Reviewing the Brew, Jeff Servi has his own thoughts on who the Brewers should sign, thinking they should go after Phil Coke. Meanwhile, Kyle Lesniewski looks at the possibility of signing Rafael Soriano.
- Is this the first "best shape of his life" stories for the Brewers going in to spring training? Adam McCalvy recently talked to Kyle Lohse, who is feeling great as spring training approaches.
- The Brewers announced their broadcast schedule for spring training this morning, and Cait Covers the Bases has the complete list for you.
- The Brewer Nation blog continued its Brewers by the Numbers series with a catch-up post covering 75-70, and then yesterday's post on Ariel Pena.
- After sponsoring the Jonathan Lucroy Baseball-Reference page for a year, The Brewers Bar's sponsorship of his page came to an end on Tuesday. Nick Michalski looked back at the bargain he got last year, as well as the cost of sponsoring some other Baseball-Reference pages.
- If you were at Brewers On Deck on Sunday, you may have been interviewed by an undercover reporter that you may have recognized. Reliever Will Smith went undercover on Sunday to interview unsuspecting fans, and Cait Covers the Bases has video of his interviews. There's also a complete wrap up of the event on the blog.
- The Braves signed Cuban outfielder Dian Toscano to a four-year, $6 million deal.
- The Marlins signed outfielder Ichiro Suzuki to a one-year, $2 million deal.
- The Mets avoid arbitration with reliever Jenrry Mejia and signed him to a one year, $2.595 million deal.
- The Nationals signed reliever Casey Janssen to a one-year, $5 million deal.
- The Orioles acquired outfielder Travis Snider from the Pirates in exchange for RHP Stephen Tarpley and a PTBNL.
- The Red Sox acquired RHP Anthony Ranaudo from the Ranged in exchange for LHP Robbie Ross Jr.
- The White Sox signed infielder Gordon Beckham to a one-year, $2 million deal.
- For those of you who subscribe to ESPN Insider, Keith Law's top 100 prospect list was released this morning. There's also his list ranking all 30 farm systems, which came out yesterday.
- After some outrage came out about his comments about possibly banning defensive shifts, Rob Manfred backtracked on his comments a little.