Brewers News and Analysis
- In the Brewers quest to improve the bullpen, they signed a reliever yesterday, but not one you were expecting. Yesterday, the Brewers announced that they had signed left-handed pitcher Neal Cotts to a one-year, $3 million contract.
- To make room for Cotts on the 40-man roster, infielder Elan Herrera was designated for assignment this morning.
- While Francisco Rodriguez has been a good pitcher for the Brewers over the last several years, his character issues have made people uneasy throughout that time. Noah echoed these thoughts yesterday, saying that despite Rodriguez's talent, the Brewers should not sign him because of his character issues.
- Over in the FanShots, airfigaro notes that Carson Cistulli of FanGraphs has a Brewers prospect in one of his top ten lists.
- Rickie Weeks is still a free agent, and is running out of time to find a team to play for in 2015. Nick Michalski of The Brewers Bar looks at the possible destinations remaining for Weeks at this point in the offseason.
- The Brewer Nation continued their countdown of Brewers by the (Jersey) Numbers with #67 Nevin Ashley.
- The Blue Jays signed infielder Ramon Santiago to a minor-league deal with an invite to spring training.
- The Braves signed LHP Eric Stults to a minor-league deal with an invite to spring training.
- The Phillies signed RHP Chad Billingsley to a one-year, $1.5 million deal.