Brewers News & Analysis
- The Brewers haven't made a major move this offseason since the Adam Lind trade, as they are choosing to wait for prices to fall before making a move. While this may save the team some money, Derek notes that the Brewers are playing a dangerous game by waiting to sign relievers.
- Our series of the longest home runs of 2014 continued with the eighth longest home run, a leadoff solo home run by Carlos Gomez.
- Over in the FanPosts, Atta Kid looks at another possible fringe candidate for the Brewers bullpen: Ronald Belisario.
- Steve Adams of MLB Trade Rumors has some updates on the NL Central, including progress on an extension for Johnny Cueto, a possible international signing for the Pirates, and the direction of the Reds.
- The Cubs signed a five-year deal with WGN to broadcast 45 games a year. Carrie Muskat of MLB.com has the details on the deal, which runs through 2019.
- Mike Oz of Big League Stew notes that the Cardinals are looking to add another ace to their rotation, and are considering signing Max Scherzer, Cole Hamels, or David Price.
- Mark Simon of ESPN SweetSpot looks at some of the offseason stories around the National League in regards to team defense.
- Yankees pitching prospect Ty Hensley ended up in a hospital after an attack by former Carolina Panthers player Anthony Morales. Hensley suffered some serious injuries in the attack and is out indefinitely, but is expected to recover.
- Keith Olbermann has a radical idea for how to fix the Hall of Fame: Scrap it and start over from scratch. He sees the Hall of Fame as too broken to fix, and restarting as a better option at this point.
- Yasiel Puig knows he is a distraction, and Mike Oz of Big League Stew has found a good comparison for Puig: the "Bart Simpson of Baseball".
- The Angels acquired third base prospect Kyle Kubitza from the Braves, and designated Marc Krauss for assignment.
- The Dodgers signed reliever Sergio Santos to a minor-league deal with an invite to Spring Training.
- The Orioles signed catcher J.P. Arencibia to a minor-league deal with an invite to Spring Training.
- The Reds claimed Keyvius Sampson off of waivers from the Padres.
- The White Sox designated Jordan Danks for assignment to clear space for Emilio Bonifacio.
- AJ Cassavell of MLB.com has a list of the dates that pitchers and catchers report for all 30 MLB clubs. The Brewers pitchers and catchers report on February 22, just 51 days away.