Brewers News & Notes
- New GM David Stearns has begun putting his front office team together and brought in another young executive to help him out. The Brewers hired Rays director of professional scouting Matt Arnold to be the new assistant GM. Travis has a profile of the new assistant GM.
- Francisco Rodriguez came in at #4 in our MVBrewers poll. This morning, Kyle posted a profile of the Brewers closer, who was arguably the best pitcher the Brewers had in 2015.
- Catcher Nevin Ashley cleared waivers and has elected to become a free agent. Ashley had been designated for assignment earlier this week.
- The Brewers have some decisions to make this offseason as they continue to rebuild. Charlie Wilmoth of MLB Trade Rumors previews the upcoming offseason for the Brewers and some of the decisions that they have to make.
- How will the strong other teams in the NL Central affect the Brewers in the next few years? Seth Victor of BP Milwaukee looks at some similar situations in recent years and how other teams dealt with it.
- Reviewing the Brew has a few more grades for the 2015 Brewers, grading the seasons of Jimmy Nelson and Taylor Jungmann.
AL Division Series
Game 5: Blue Jays 6, Rangers 3
Blue Jays Win Series 3-2
AL Division Series
Game 5: Royals 7, Astros 2
Royals Win Series 3-2
NL Division Series
Game 5: Mets @ Dodgers - 7:00 pm, TBS
Jacob deGrom vs. Zack Greinke
Series Tied 2-2
- The Dodgers claimed RHP Brooks Brown off of waivers from the Rockies and designated RHP Jim Johnson for assignment. Also, Dodgers RHP Brandon Beachy has elected to become a free agent.
- The Rockies outrighted catcher Michael McKenry and relievers Gonzalez Germen and Simon Castros. McKenry has cleared waivers and has elected to become a free agent.
- The ALCS is set after yesterday's two ALDS came to an end. The Blue Jays will face the Royals starting on Friday night. Both rotations are still to be determined.