Brewers News & Notes
- In the MVBrewers series, Jimmy Nelson came in at #5 in the poll. Earlier today, we posted a profile of Nelson. There is also still time to vote for #6 in the poll.
- Over in the FanPosts, TWreck looks at the coaching changes and what internal candidates could be promoted to fill the open spots.
- What can we learn from previous 90-loss Brewers teams? Andrew Salzman of BP Milwaukee looks at the first three years of the Brewers in Wisconsin, where the team finished with 90+ losses each season.
- Reviewing the Brew continued their grades for the 2015 season with grades for Tyler Thornburg and Cesar Jimenez.
- The Brewers will be hosting a town hall style meeting on October 29 at Miller Park for select people. Cait Covers the Bases has the details on the upcoming meeting.
Minor League Update
- Over on Disciples of Uecker, Kyle Lesniewski has his list of the top 15 prospects as of the end of the season.
- The Rattler Radio blog recaps all of the postseason home runs hit by former members of the Timber Rattlers.
NL Division Series
Game 5: Mets 3, Dodgers 2
Mets Win Series 3-2
This Weekend's Games
AL Championship Series
Blue Jays @ Royals
Game 1: Marco Estrada vs. Edinson Volquez - 6:30 pm Friday, FOX
Game 2: David Price vs. Yordano Ventura - 2:30 pm Saturday, FS1
NL Championship Series
Cubs @ Mets
Game 1: Jon Lester vs. Matt Harvey - 6:30 pm Saturday, TBS
Game 2: Jake Arrieta vs. TBD - 6:30 pm Sunday, TBS
- Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina underwent surgery on his thumb on Thursday. Recovery time is expected to be 2-3 months, and he is expected to be ready for Opening Day.
- Cubs shortstop Addison Russell will miss the NLCS with a strained left hamstring. It is unknown if Russell will be available for the next round if the Cubs advance.
- A late home run in Game 5 of the NLDS rallied the Mets to a 3-2 win, giving them the series in five games. This sets up a Mets-Cubs NLCS that will begin on Saturday.