Brewers News & Notes
- Derek published the third edition of the BCB Mailbag on Friday, covering topics from the rebuilding process and trade value to opinions on food and what the definition of a sandwich should cover.
- Coming in at #9 in the MVBrewers poll is Will Smith. Derek has a profile of the Brewers reliever from Friday.
- The Brewers picked up Junior Guerra off of waivers during the offseason, and he has been making a good impression in the winter leagues since then. Kyle has a profile of the starting pitcher and if he could provide some value for the Brewers in the near future.
- Continuing with their offseason grades, Reviewing the Brew has a grade for the season of Logan Schafer.
- Recently, Jack Moore of BP Milwaukee came across the DVD that was made about the Brewers 2011 season, and took the time to rewatch it. Afterwards, he gave some of his thoughts looking back at that DVD four years later.
- Also on BP Milwaukee, Xavier Alatorre analyzes how Jean Segura handled pitches on the outside corner of the plate in 2015.
Minor League Update
- Marcus Young of Miller Park Prospects has a list of the Brewers organizational leaders from all levels of the minor league system.
- Also on Miller Park Prospects, Marcus Young put together his organizational All-Star team.
- Jeff Levering posted updates on the Arizona Fall League in his Minor Details blog, with an update on Friday and an update on Monday.
This Weekend's Games
AL Championship Series
Game 6: Royals 4, Blue Jays 3
Royals Win Series 4-2
- The World Series is set. The Mets will face the Royals in this year's World Series. Game 1 will take place in Kansas City on Tuesday.
- Alcides Escobar of the Royals was named MVP of the ALCS following an 11-for-23 performance in the series, including leadoff hits in the first four games of the series.
- Once again, a team was prematurely advertised for a World Series appearance. This time, it was FOX who made the mistake as they advertised a Mets-Royals World Series Game 1 during Game 6 of the ALCS.
- Mets fans are buying tickets for the World Series as prices have hit record highs. The average price of a World Series game ticket at Citi Field is coming in at $1,667.
- During a rain delay in Game 6, a new internet meme was born as Pete Rose videobombed on the FOX telecast. Mark Townsend of Big League Stew looked through some of the memes created from the photobomb.
- Last year, Royals outfielder Lorenzo Cain won the ALCS MVP award. This year, it was shortstop Alcides Escobar. Both were core parts of the 2011 trade that brought Zack Greinke to Milwaukee in 2011. Pete Schwichtenberg of Reviewing the Brew says that while the trade turned out very well for the Royals, Brewers fans shouldn't have any regret about it.
- Former Phillies GM Ruben Amaro is returning to the field, as he has taken a position with the Red Sox to be their new first base coach.
- The Phillies have hired Angels assistant GM Matt Klentak as their new general manager.
- The Pirates outrighted outfielder Travis Snider and first baseman Travis Ishikawa, and both have elected to become free agents.
- Adrian Beltre of the Rangers underwent surgery on his left thumb, and is expected to be ready for spring training.