Surprise! 6 Peoria 1
First an all important standings update. Glendale gave up 6 runs in the 9th to lose to today leaving Surprise a game ahead all alone in first place with an 8-3 record.
- Michael Reed, 1-3, B, SO, SB. Played RF and batted cleanup.
- Yadiel Rivera, 2-2, 2 BB, 3 runs, 2 stolen bases. Played SS. Stay hot kid!
- Adrian Houser, 3.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 5 K, WP. 69 pitches, 46 strikes.
- Jacob Barnes, 2 IP, 1 BB, 3 K. 34 pitches, 23 strikes.
- Damien Magnifico, 1 IP, 1H, 1BB, 2 K. 26 pitches, 15 strikes. Closed the door in the 9th.
- Rivera now has 4 stolen bases in AFL action.
- Houser pitched pretty well. Got some key strikeouts when needed. One came in the 2nd for the final out stranding runners on second and third. In the 4th inning he gave up a leadoff single. The batter then stole second and went to third on a throwing error. Houser struck out the next two batters before giving up a triple which ended his day.
- Houser was hitting 93-94 mph most of the day with his fastball. Hit 96 a few times when he was in trouble with guys on. Also showed a changeup in the mid-low 80's. Pitch breakdown (per gameday) 37 fastballs, 20 curveballs, 12 changeups.
- Barnes walked the first batter he faced, then set down six in a row. His pitch breakdown 18 fastballs, 9 sliders, 4 cutters, 3 changeups. Barnes was sitting 93-94 on his fastball and mid 80's on his slider.
- Magnifico was sitting mid-90's but threw three 97 mph fastballs to his last batter to get the strikeout and end the game. His outing included 14 fastballs, 11 sliders, 1 changeup. Didn't know he had a changeup so that may have been misclassified.
- Unrelated to Surprise, noticed our old friend Nick Delmonico is playing for Glendale as part of the White Sox contingent.