Brewers News & Notes
- On Monday, Korean first baseman Byung-ho Park will be posted, and teams will be able to submit secret bids to negotiate with him. Derek has a breakdown of the posting process, as well as if making a bid on Park would be a smart idea.
- The MVBrewers Honorable Mentions continued today with a profile of outfielder Domingo Santana.
- If the Brewers want to compete again, simply catching up to the successful big-market teams is not going to be enough. J.P. Breen of BP Milwaukee suggests that if the Brewers want to find long-term success, they will have to find new ways to gain advantages in the league.
- One of the biggest stats that determine if a reliever is a late-inning pitcher or a platoon pitcher is the ability to get both left-handed and right-handed batters out. Ryan Romano of BP Milwaukee notes that Jeremy Jeffress has struggled in this area, and could learn some changes from Michael Blazek.
- Wily Peralta's stock has been falling over the course of the year, and there's concern now about how much value Peralta can add in the future. Seth Victor of BP Milwaukee looks at the fall in value that Peralta's rough 2015 caused.
- A roster crunch coming up in the near future when they have to decide which Rule 5 eligible minor-league players they want to protect. Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker looks at the players that will need to be protected and what the Brewers options are.
Minor League Update
- Travis has a prospect profile for the #3 player on the BCB Top Prospects list, OF Clint Coulter.
- Yadiel Rivera has been turning heads in the Arizona Fall League. Marcus Young of Miller Park Prospects looks at what Rivera has done this fall.
- Over on BP Milwaukee, Michael Schwarz looks at the progress for all of the Brewers prospects playing in the Arizona Fall League this year.
- With the Arizona Fall League a few weeks in now, more data is becoming available on the prospects participating. Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker uses the new information to take a deeper look at four of the Brewers prospects.
- The Rattler Radio blog has a list of where former Timber Rattlers were playing in Double-A during the 2015 season.
Game 2: Royals 7, Mets 1
Royals Lead Series 2-0
- Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos has decided to leave the team when he contract expires on Saturday.
- The Marlins have hired Don Mattingly as their next manager, according to multiple reports..
- The Nationals are expected to hire Bud Black as their next manager.