Brewers News & Notes
- The free agent market may help the Brewers decide what route to go this offseason in regards to trades or other moves. Derek looks at the potential moves the Brewers could make, and what is likely for the Brewers to do based on the available free agents.
- Kyle has a profile of third baseman David Freese as a potential free agent target for the Brewers. Also, Derek looks at Yovani Gallardo as a former Brewer in free agency.
- GM David Stearns is in Florida for the GM Meetings, and while he's there, he is continuing some trade talks that he has begun with other GMs. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com looks at the potential candidates that the Brewers could trade this offseason.
- Jeremy Jeffress took a step forward this year thanks to a new pitch he didn't have when with the Brewers originally. Jack Moore of BP Milwaukee analyzes the development of the pitch and how it has helped Jeffress develop.
- Chris Cwik of Big League Stew lists his top five international free agents this offseason, and sees the Brewers as a candidate to sign first baseman Dae-ho Lee.
- The Hall of Fame ballot candidates were released yesterday, and Pete Schwichtenberg of Reviewing the Brew notes that four former Brewers are on the ballot.
- Qualifying offers are out and players have a week to decide if they will accept or not. Whlle some teams can use it to their advantage, other teams can't take the same risks. Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker looks at the system and makes an argument for why it should be ended.
Minor League Update
- Travis has an update on the Arizona Fall League, including a few hot pitchers and the end of Michael Reed's season.
- Following the Brewers Q&A session a week and a half ago, Chris Mehring of TimberRattlers.com discussed a comment David Stearns made about building through the draft.
- On the Rattler Radio blog, Chris Mehring has updates on former Timber Rattlers who are participating in different fall and winter leagues.
- Marcus Young of Miller Park Prospects discusses some of the questions around the minor league system in a mailbag post.
- Angels first baseman Albert Pujols underwent foot surgery last week. He is expected to miss four and a half months while he is recovering.
- Cardinals prospect Alex Reyes has been suspended fifty games for a positive test for marijuana.
- Indians outfielder Michael Brantley underwent right shoulder surgery and is expected to miss five to six months.
- The Pirates claimed RHP Guido Knudson off of waivers from the Tigers.
- Rockies shortstop was arrested on Halloween for a domestic violence incident involving his wife in Maui.
- The Twins won the rights to negotiate with Korean first baseman Byung Ho Park with a $12.85 million big.
- Outfiedler Ah-seop Son of the Korea Baseball Organization is expected to be posted on Sunday.
- Former Braves pitcher Tommy Hanson has died at the age of 29 after being hospitalized last night with catastrophic organ failure.