Brewers News & Notes
- Four former Brewers made it on this year's Hall of Fame ballot: Trevor Hoffman, Jim Edmonds, Jason Kendall, and Gary Sheffield. Travis has a look at the four candidates' overall resumes as well as their time in Milwaukee.
- Continuing in the series of former Brewers in free agency, Kyle has a profile of Gerardo Parra, and Derek has a profile of Nori Aoki.
- In another series on free agent targets, Derek has a profile of starting pitcher Brandon Beachy, as well as third baseman Juan Uribe.
- Two positions the Brewers are looking to fill this offseason are at third base and center field. On Brewers.com, Adam McCalvy looks at some of the options the Brewers have when filling these roles.
- While David Stearns is working at the GM meetings to improve the team, former GM Doug Melvin was honored at the meetings for his years of service as a GM.
- The key to whatever the Brewers do this offseason will depend on Mark Attanasio and how much he is willing to spend. Seth Victor of BP Milwaukee notes that the Brewers are able to operate beyond what their market dictates for payroll because of Attanasio.
- Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker takes a look at some of the available free agents with profiles on Jhoulys Chacin as well as recent minor-league free agents.
- Ryan Romano of BP Milwaukee has a follow-up look at Corey Knebel after taking an initial look at him in August.
Minor League Update
- Brewers pitching prospect Josh Hader was named the AFL pitcher of the week.
- The Brewers situation in the minors at catcher is not good at all. Travis breaks down the Brewers current depth at the position and what to expect in the upcoming years.
- Earlier this week, Cardinals prospect Alex Reyes received a 50-game suspension for failing a drug test for a recreational drug. It's a policy that is disjointed between the minors and majors, and Kyle believes that it's time for that policy to be reexamined.
- The 2016 schedule for the Colorado Springs Sky Sox has been released, with the home season starting on April 15.
- Baseball America unveiled their top ten prospects for the Brewers on Wednesday, and Marcus Young of Miller Park Prospects has the complete list.
- The Biloxi Shuckers will host the Conference USA baseball championship in 2017 and 2018.
- Chris Mehring of Timber Rattlers.com has an interview with Brewers pitching prospect Damien Magnifico.
- The Timber Rattlers are hosting a Holiday Extravaganza on Sunday, November 29, and details are available on TimberRattlers.com.
- The Braves re-signed catcher A.J. Pierzynski to a one-year deal.
- Cardinals starting pitcher Lance Lynn underwent Tommy John surgery and will miss the entire 2016 season.
- The Mariners re-signed outfielder Franklin Gutierrez to a one-year contract.
- Nationals pitcher Stephen Strasburg had surgery to remove a non-cancerous growth from his back.
- The Padres acquired infielder Jose Pirela from the Yankees for minor league RHP Ronald Herrera.
- The Yankees acquired outfielder Aaron Hicks from the Twins in exchange for catcher John Ryan Murphy.
- The White Sox named Rick Renteria as their new bench coach.