Brewers News & Notes
- Francisco Rodriguez is a potential trade candidate for the Brewers this offseason, but rushing to trade him won't be in their best interests. Derek has an argument for why waiting out the market would be the best move for the Brewers.
- With no immediate prospects in the system, the Brewers will need to find someone to cover those positions next season. Kyle takes a look at the potential options available for them on the market.
- We continued our series on former Brewers in free agency with a look at Marco Estrada.
- Another potential target for the Brewers in free agency is Austin Jackson. Derek has a profile of the outfielder in his series on free agent targets.
- Over on BP Milwuakee, J.P. Breen looks at three free agents that would be sensible targets for the Brewers to target this offseason.
- The Brewers are selling four-packs starting today. Cait Covers the Bases has the details on the packages for next season.
Minor League Update
- Josh Hader made his first start in the Arizona Fall League yesterday, pitching four scoreless innings and allowing just two hits and a walk.
- Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel notes that infielder Nate Orf is done in the Arizona Fall League after undergoing abdominal surgery to fix an injury.
- Chris Mehring of TimberRattlers.com looks back at the 1991 season of the Appleton Foxes.
- The Timber Rattlers are going to host a special meal and beer tasting at their ballpark on December 8. Details on the event are on their website.
- The Angels acquired shortstop Andrelton Simmons from the Braves for shortstop Erick Aybar and top pitching prospects Sean Newcomb and Chris Ellis.
- Astros outfielder Colby Rasmus accepted the Astros qualifying offer and will return to the Astros on a one-year, $15.8 million deal.
- The Athletics have hired former outfielder Mark Kotsay to be their new bench coach.
- The Mariners acquired reliever Joaquin Benoit from the Padres for RHP Enyel De Los Santos and infielder Nelson Ward.