Brewers News & Notes
- The Brewers have named senior director of baseball operations Tom Flanagan as their new farm director. He has been with the Brewers organization in some form since 1990, and was senior director of baseball operations for the last ten years.
- Continuing in the free agent target series, Kyle looked at free agent Jhoulys Chacin and if he would be a fit for the team.
- Also continuing in the former Brewers in free agency series, Travis has a profile of starting pitcher Zack Greinke.
- Derek published the sixth edition of the BCB Mailbag on Friday, discussing topics like trade possibilities, development of Jimmy Nelson, and Halloween movie psychology.
- Replacement players are needed as players come and go, and finding quality players is always important. Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker analyzes the replacement players from year to year for trends and finding replacements.
- Tanking can help build a team when done properly, but can also lead to several years of futility when done wrong. Jack Moore of BP Milwaukee looks at the success stories of tanking, as well as the ones that failed.
Minor League Update
- Biloxi GM Buck Rogers has resigned from the Shuckers due to personal reasons. He was named GM last spring and managed the front office through their first season.
- The Blue Jays re-signed starting pitcher Marco Estrada to a two-year, $26 million contract.
- Dodgers LHP Brett Anderson has accepted the team's qualifying offer and will return to the team on a one-year, $15.8 million deal.
- Orioles catcher Matt Wieters has accepted the team's qualifying offer and will return to the team on a one-year, $15.8 million deal.
- Padres RHP Ian Kennedy is expected to reject the team's qualifying offer.
- The Phillies acquired RHP Jeremy Hellickson from the Diamondbacks for RHP prospect Sam McWilliams.
- The Red Sox acquired closer Craig Kimbrel from the Padres for outfield prospect Manuel Margot, infield prospects Javier Guerra and Carlos Asuaje, and LHP prospect Logan Allen