Brewers News & Notes
- Jonathan Lucroy remains one of the strongest trade chips that the Brewers have, and rumors continue to fly around the catcher. Kyle notes that the Rangers might have interest in the catcher as improving at catcher is one of their priorities this offseason.
- One potential target for the Brewers to extend in the near future is Will Smith. Derek looks at what an extension for Will Smith could look like.
- Korean OF Ah-Seop Son was recently posted, and while the Brewers may make a bid, that may not be the best target for them. Kyle believes that a better target for the Brewers may be one of his teammates.
- Who was the best hitter in MLB in 2015? There's a poll open right now for you to vote in, with the top ten hitters in MLB available as choices to vote for.
- Have any favorite moments from the Brewers season? Derek is asking for some of your favorite moments from the 2015 season.
- With the Brewers in rebuilding mode, what should their approach be to free agents? Seth Victor of BP MIlwaukee has a proposed strategy for the Brewers to take this offseason.
Minor League Update
- Travis has an update on the Arizona Fall League, where the Surprise Sagueros are likely heading to the championship game.
- The Brewers have to make some choices for Rule 5 protection soon. Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker makes his predictions on who he believes will be placed on the roster for protection.
- The Rattler Radio blog has an update of former Timber Rattlers in the Arizona Fall League.
- Over on FanGraphs, Carson Cistulli looked at the top velocities from the Arizona Fall League, with Damien Magnifico among the top ten pitchers and Adrian Houser among the top ten starters.
- The Rookie of the Year awards were announced last night. Kris Bryant was a unanimous choice in the National League, and Carlos Correa beat out Francisco Lindor for the American League award.
- The Mariners acquired Leonys Martin from the Rangers for RHP Tom Wilhelmsen. In addition, the Rangers received outfielder James Jones and the Mariners received RHP Anthony Bass.
- The Nationals signed OF Reed Johnson and LHP Sean Burnett to minor-league contracts.