Brewers News & Notes
- The Brewers made a trade for the second straight day yesterday, acquiring shortstop Jonathan Villar from the Astros for minor-league pitcher Cy Sneed.
- Over in the FanPosts, Aaron128 asked if the Jonathan Villar trade was a trade worth making.
- Meanwhile, over on The First Out At Third blog, Justin Schultz looks at the player that the Brewers are getting in Jonathan Villar.
- Going back to Wednesday, Kyle broke down the Francisco Rodriguez trade, looking at who the Brewers are getting in Javier Betancourt and also the implications of the trade.
- The deadline for protecting players from the Rule 5 draft is today. Derek looks at the potential players that the Brewers could protect before the deadline today.
- Over on The Brewer Nation blog, they look at the Rule 5 draft and the players that could be selected from the Brewers minor league system.
- What was the best celebration of the year? Yesterday's poll asks to look back at some of the best celebrations of the year and to choose your favorite.
- For the first time next year, an in-market streaming option will be available for fans of teams whose games are broadcast by a FOX affiliate, including the Brewers. Yesterday, MLB announced a new deal for in-market streaming with FOX, as well as expanded safety nets for next season.
- Want to see Hank the Ballpark Pup this offseason? He's going to make a walk-on appearance in a performance of A Christmas Carol on December 9.
- The last of the awards came out yesterday with the MVP awards. Bryce Harper was the unanimous choice in the National League, and Josh Donaldson beat Mike Trout for the award in the American League. Over on JSOnline, Tom Haudricourt discusses his NL ballot and why he voted the way he did.
- The Astros released outfielder Robbie Grossman and LHP Luis Cruz.
- The Cubs claimed LHP Jack Leathersich off of waivers from the Mets. They also signed RHP Andury Acevedo to a major league deal.
- The Indians signed outfielder Shane Robinson to a minor-league deal.