Brewers News & Notes
- One of the biggest trade assets for the Brewers this winter is Jonathan Lucroy, and there has been a big debate over whether the Brewers would actually trade him or not. Yesterday, Derek approached the subject of trading Lucroy and what the Brewers would need to receive to consider a trade.
- Though slightly delayed, Derek published the seventh edition of the BCB Mailbag yesterday, covering topics like what the Brewers would have done if Braun hadn't been signed to the second extension, potential trades and their impact on the farm system, and more.
- David Laurila of FanGraphs has an interview with Brewers GM David Stearns. Topics covered include Stearns' philosophy as GM and his thoughts on some of the trades made last week.
- BP Milwaukee continued their series on previous 90-loss teams and lessons from them, with Andrew Salzman's look at teams from the 1984, 1985, and 1993 seasons.
- Can Will Smith continue to dominate right-handed batters in 2016? Ryan Romano analyzes the numbers to find out if Smith's success against right-handed batters was a fluke or not.
- Continuing in his Smartbuilding series, Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker asks what the definition of rebuilding really is.
- Over in the FanPosts, Infield Fly Rule has a Winter League update for all of the players in the Brewers system participating in Winter Leagues this year.
- The Angels signed catcher Geovany Soto to a one-year contract. They also hired Bud Black as a special assistant to GM Billy Eppler.
- The Diamondbacks avoided arbitration with LHP Matt Reynolds with a one-year contract worth $675,000.
- The White Sox acquired RHP Tommy Kahnle from the Rockies for RHP Yency Almonte.
Programming Note: What We Learned will be off for the holiday weekend, and will return on Monday.