Brewers News & Notes
- The offseason officially kicked off with the end of the World Series. Derek has a complete list of important dates coming up leading up to next season.
- Four players are eligible for arbitration this offseason. Kyle looks at the upcoming cases for the Brewers and what they can expect to pay.
- The Brewers began making their offseason moves yesterday, outrighting five players from the MLB roster: pitchers Johnny Hellweg and Cesar Jimenez, catcher Juan Centeno, first baseman Matt Clark, and outfielder Logan Schafer.
- Over in the FanPosts, grover talks about a potential trade between the Athletics and Brewers that involves a Matt Garza salary dump.
- Yesterday, the Brewers formally announced the hiring of new bench coach Pat Murphy and pitching coach Derek Johnson. In addition, they announced that bullpen coach Lee Tunnell will return in 2016.
- Gord Ash may be out of the assistant GM role, but is going to remain with the team. He has accepted a role to be an advisor within the organization.
- The Brewers had several changes in their batting order in 2015. Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker looks at how the roster changed between the two seasons.
- Was Kyle Lohse the worst Opening Day starter in Brewers history? Colin Anderle of BP Milwaukee answered that question by looking at the worst Brewers Opening Day starters in team history.
- Ryan Braun's contract extension kicks in next season, and his value has changed significantly since he signed that extension. Jack Moore of BP Milwaukee looks at how value of a player can change over time.
- The Brewers are announcing their all-fan giveaways for 2016 this week. The first giveaway is a Vintage Brewer Bobblehead on April 10. The second is a Ryan Braun HR Leader Bobblehead on May 1.
Minor League Update
- The AFL All-Star rosters were announced yesterday, and three Brewers prospects (Jacob Barnes, Damien Magnifico, and Michael Reed) were on the roster. In addition, Yadiel Rivera is a candidate for their Final Vote.
- Travis has an update on the Arizona Fall League, where Yadiel Rivera is playing out of control, and other players are also playing well.
- The 2016 Timber Rattlers are expected to have a lot of talent. Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker looks at the potential roster for next year's team.
- The Blue Jays have named assistant GM Tony LaCava Tony LaCava as interim manager following Alex Anthopoulos' departure.
- The Cardinals have exercised LHP Jaime Garcia's option for 2016. They also declined RHP Jonathan Broxton's option.
- The Marlins announced Don Mattingly as their new manager.
- The Nationals declined contract options on outfielder Nate McLouth and reliever Casey Janssen.
- The Reds declined options on RHP Burke Badenhop and utility player Skip Schumaker, and outrighted RHP SamLeCure.
- The Royals have decided to non-tender RHP Greg Holland, who is expected to miss all of 2016 following Tommy John surgery.