Brewers News & Notes
- It was a long weekend as the Thanksgiving holiday came and went, and to help celebrate the day, the BCB writers discussed what they were thankful for about the Brewers this year.
- On Friday, Derek published the eighth edition of the BCB Mailbag, covering topics like what to change in the CBA, who could emerge in the infield, and preferences for Thanksgiving dishes.
- Kyle takes a look at the trade value of Khris Davis, who is becoming an expendable piece with more prospects coming up through the Brewers system.
- Also, Derek has a look at the trade value of Ryan Braun, who has some value again after a bounce-back year in 2015.
- Speaking of Ryan Braun, he was in Milwaukee on Wednesday to help collect food for a food drive at Miller Park. During that time, Adam McCalvy caught up with the outfielder, who is doing well after back surgery and expects to be ready for 2016. In addition, Cait Covers the Bases recaps the food drive event at Miller Park.
- With Ah-Seop Son not getting any bids with his posting, Jae-gyun Hwang is next up, and is expected to be more in-demand on the MLB market. Kyle argues that one team who should try to acquire Hwang is the Brewers, and makes an argument for why Hwang would be a good signing for the team.
- Over in the FanPosts, chris33 looks at everything that GM David Stearns has done so far.
- Adam Lind received an unique package during the season from an Army soldier, and it was a touching moment for the first baseman. Adam McCalvy has a story on the unique connection that Adam Lind had with Daniel Lind because of their same last name.
- Jonathan Lucroy dealt with a concussion over the last month of the season. Julien Assouline of BP Milwaukee looks at concussions and the catcher position, and how they take more injuries than other positions.
- Even after a series of trades last week, the Brewers still have not traded Jonathan Lucroy. Michael Bradburn of BP MIlwaukee looks at why holding on to Lucroy for longer is in the best interests for the team.
- In the wake of the Francisco Rodriguez trade, the Brewers have an open closer position, as well as a few spots to fill for next year. Seth Victor of BP Milwaukee looks at the options that the Brewers have in the bullpen for next season.
- Over on Disciples of Uecker, Nicholas Zettel continues his Smartbuilding series with a look at what rebuilding is for the Brewers. He also takes a look back at the Adam Lind trade.
- When Chris Capuano was with the Brewers, he was one of the best pitchers at picking off base stealers in the majors. Ryan Romano of BP Milwaukee looks back at Capuano's stats with picking off players and how dominant he was.
- What was the worst decision made in the history of the organization? Jack Moore of BP Milwaukee gives his opinion on the worst decision ever made, and it's not a decision about a player.
Minor League Update
- Travis continued his look through the minor-league system with an analysis of the depth the Brewers have at third base, as well as the depth at shortstop.
- John Sickels of Minor League Details has a conversation thread on the Brewers minor-league organization, as well as a preliminary prospect list for the organization.
- The Athletics acquired infielder Jed Lowrie from the Athletics for minor-league RHP Brendan McCurry.
- The Blue Jays sighed LHP J.A. Happ to a three-year, $36 million contract.
- The Tigers signed starting pitcher Jordan Zimmermann to a five-year, $110 million contract.
- The White Sox signed catcher Alex Avila to a one-year, $2.5 million deal.