Brewers News & Notes
- With the Brewers rebuilding, a trade or two seems likely this offseason. Two of the lead candidates for that are Adam Lind and Francisco Rodriguez, who are already being mentioned as being on the block. Derek discussed the two players and what other teams may see when the Brewers try to trade them.
- How well do you know the former Brewers that competed in the 2015 postseason? That's what Kyle Lobner challenges you to think about in this week's Thursday Thinker.
- According to Jeff Sullivan of FanGraphs, the worst-called strike of 2015 was on a pitch to Shane Peterson in a relatively meaningless game against the Reds.
- Michael Schwarz of BP Milwaukee put together a list of his top 50 prospects currently in the NL Central.
- Over on The First Out At Third blog, Justin Schultz has a list of some offseason goals for the Brewers.
- More all-fan giveaways for 2016 were announced yesterday. The first is a Craig Counsell bobblehead that will come in two different variations. Then, they finished out the day with three special giveaways that will go to all kids that attend certain games.
Minor League Update
- The start of free agency also means that several of the Brewers prospects who have been in the system for several years also became free agents. Kyle looks through the list of minor league free agents and makes suggestions on who should be re-signed by the team.
- The Premier 12 tournament kicks off on Sunday, and Brewers prospect Brett Phillips will compete as part of Team USA. Travis wrote about the tournament, as well as the other minor-league players from the Brewers system that will participate.
- In his Minor Details blog, Jeff Levering has his thoughts of a game that he attended in the Arizona Fall League.
- The Rattlers Radio blog looks back at Orlando Arcia's time as a Timber Rattler.
- Aramis Ramirez announced at the beginning of the season that we would retire at the end of the year. He confirmed that yesterday as he officially announced his retirement.
- The first major trade of the offseason has occurred. The Mariners sent utility player Brad Millier, first baseman Logan Morrison, and pitcher Danny Farquar to the Rays for pitchers Nathan Karns and C.J. Riefenhauser and OF prospect Boog Powell.
- The Royals exercised options on closer Wade Davis and shortstop Alcides Escobar, and declined their option on outfielder Jonny Gomes.