Brewers News & Notes
- On Friday, the Brewers chose to outright Hernan Perez to the minors. However, Perez elected to become a free agent since he has the minimum requirements for minor-league free agency.
- The fifth installment of the BCB Mailbag came out on Friday, covering topics on the catcher situation, trading Khris Davis, and failed Brewers prospects.
- Deserved run data was released by Baseball Prospectus, which paints a picture of a worse Brewers staff than expected. Kyle analyzed the data and put together some conclusions from the data.
- The first GM meeting this offseason is set to take place this week in Florida. It will be David Stearns first time attending as a GM. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel previews the event as Stearns is heading there as a new GM.
- Aramis Ramirez announced his retirement on Thursday Travis Sarandos looks at Ramirez's case for the Hall of Fame, which he believes will come up short.
- The last all-fan giveaways for 2016 were announced yesterday. The first set is Free-Shirt Fridays, with seven more set for 2016. The final new giveaway is free food for kids at Sunday games.
Minor League Update
- The AFL Fall Starts game took place on Saturday, and Jeff Levering was at the game. He took some pictures and has a recap of some of the action from the game. He also attended Friday's game involving Surprise and has a blog post on it.
- Michael Reed's season in the AFL is done. Adam McCalvy reports that the Brewers have removed Reed from the AFL due to right knee and hamstring soreness.
- Jim Callis of MLB.com looks at the seven biggest performances from the AFL Fall Stars Game, including a great performance from Damien Magnifico.
- The Angels declined their club option on outfielder David DeJesus. In addition, they are not expected to extend a qualifying offer to David Freese.
- The Astros have extended a qualifying offer to outfielder Colby Rasmus.
- The Athletics claimed outfielder Andrew Lambo off waivers from the Pirates.
- The Cardinals have extended qualifying offers to outfielder Jason Heyward and starting pitcher John Lackey.
- The Cubs have extended a qualifying offer to outfielder Dexter Fowler, who is expected to decline the offer.
- The Diamondbacks outrighted RHP Jhoulys Chacin.
- The Mets have extended a qualifying offer to infielder Daniel Murphy.
- The Orioles have extended qualifying orders to three players: first baseman Chris Davis, catcher Matt Wieters, and LHP Wei-Yin Chen.