Brewers News & Notes
- The non-tender deadline is on Wednesday, and while the Brewers don't have any players that will be non-tendered, other teams may have players they choose not to offer contracts to. Derek looks at the potential impact of the non-tender deadline for the Brewers.
- In the second edition of the Greatest Games series, Travis takes a look at the final game of the 2008 season, when the Brewers clinched a playoff berth for the first time in 26 years.
- Continuing to look at the trade value of the Brewers, Kyle analyzes the value of Jean Segura, who could be expendable with Orlando Arcia approaching the majors.
- Meanwhile, Derek profiles Dioner Navarro as a potential free agent target for the Brewers, who could provide depth for the team if they choose to make certain moves.
Minor League Update
- Chris Mitchell of FanGraphs released his list of top 100 prospects based on his own projection system. His list contains six Brewers prospects, led by Orlando Arcia at #5.
- Over on TimberRattlers.com, Chris Mehring looks at a potential alternate history for the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The Braves signed reliever Jim Johnson to a one year, $2.5 million contract.
- The Cardinals signed catcher Brayan Pena to a two-year, $5 million contract.
- The Marlins signed outfielder Justin Maxwell to a minor-league deal. They are also working on signing Barry Bonds to be their new hitting coach.
- The Red Sox have agreed to a contract with outfielder Chris Young.
- The Royals avoided arbitration with left-handed reliever Tim Collins by signing him to a one-year, $1.475 million contract.
- MLB released the data on postseason payouts to this year's postseason teams. Over $69 million was earned, with Royals players leading with $370,000 per share.