Brewers News & Notes
- The Winter Meetings ended up being productive for the Brewers even though they didn't make any actual moves until Wednesday. Derek recaps everything that happened for the Brewers during the meetings.
- The changes made to the roster during the Winter Meetings has changed the makeup of the projected payroll significantly. Derek takes a look at the payroll following the Lind trade and all of the other moves of the week.
- With the moves that the Cardinals, Cubs, and Pirates have made in recent weeks, it's evident that the Brewers will have trouble competing for a while. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reminds everyone that patience will be needed for the next several years.
- For a more positive look at the Brewers, Travis continued his look at the greatest Brewers games of the 21st century with the division clinching game during the 2011 season.
- Derek released the 10th edition of the BCB mailbag on Friday, a short mailbag with a lack of questions.
- The return on the Adam Lind trade is very underwhelming, and it can feel like the Mariners swindled the Brewers out of good talent. Jack Moore of BP Milwaukee explains that the cold nature of the trade market means that the Brewers have to take what they can get, even if it's minimal.
- With Adam Lind gone, it's time to speculate on who will be traded next. On Disciples of Uecker, Steve Altstadt believes that Wily Peralta is the next most likely trade candidate.
- While Scooter Gennett has had his struggles, he's had a few ground-rule triples, which are hard to come by. Ryan Romano analyzes how Gennett is able to pull off a feat like that.
- Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker takes an initial look a the roster rankings for the Brewers heading into the 2016 season.
- The Brewers Community Foundation will auction off some pieces of baseball history starting today. Cait Covers the Bases has the details on how to bid on the items.
Minor League Update
- The Biloxi Shuckers named Chuck Arnold as their new general manager. He will take over the role officially at the start of the year.
- Michael Trzinski of Reviewing the Brew has a profile of outfielder Tyrone Taylor.
- The Timber Rattlers have announced 11 bobblehead giveaways for the 2016 season.
- The Cubs signed outfielder Jason Heyward to a eight-year, $184 million contract that includes two opportunities to opt-out. Naturally, Cardinals fans were not happy that he signed with the Cubs.
- The Mariners signed right-handed reliever Steve Cishek to a two-year, $10 million contract.
- Outfielder Michael Cuddyer of the Mets has announced his retirement after 15 seasons.
- Reports came out on Friday that pitcher Tommy Hanson showed that he had died of a cocaine overdose. Hanson died on November 9 after suffering catastrophic organ failure.