Brewers News & Notes
- The Brewers added to their pool of potential candidates for the corner infield spots heading into spring training. Yesterday, they signed Will Middlebrooks to a minor-league deal.
- Another player that the Brewers could add to the mix for the first base position is former Astro Chris Carter. Kyle has a profile of the free agent first baseman.
- Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker profiles some of the top pitching prospects in the Brewers system, focusing on the prospects in the higher levels of the organization.
- What should you get for the Brewers fans on your list this year? Travis put together a list of potential gifts you could buy that will either earn you a best friend or cost you a good friend.
- Meanwhile, Cait Covers the Bases has a more serious list of potential gifts for the Brewers fans you know (and these probably will earn you some points).
- A recent report from Grammarly lists Milwaukee as the fifth best sports city in the country by fans' mistakes in writing about their teams. (EDIT: As mentioned, this report was released by Grammarly, and you can find out more about their software here.)
- The Brewers Team Store will be hosting a one-day sale on Sunday this weekend. Cait Covers the Bases has the details on how to take advantage of this sale.
- LHP Jeff Francis has retired after eleven seasons in the majors, most of those spent with the Rockies.
- The Mets re-signed LHP Jerry Blevins to a one-year, $4 million contract.
- The Pirates re-signed utility player Sean Rodriguez to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.
- The Rangers have re-signed catcher Bobby Wilson to a minor-league deal.