Brewers News & Notes
- Continuing in the series on free agent targets, Derek looks at Ike Davis as a possible candidate to fill the hole at first base.
- The Brewers are hoping for a bounce-back year from Matt Garza in 2016, and potentially make him into a trade chip before the deadline. However, Seth Victor of BP Milwaukee is pessimistic about the chances of a Garza recovery.
- Over in the FanPosts, chris33 asks if Ramon Flores could help the Brewers outfield situation.
- Bovada has released Vegas odds for the 2016 World Series champion following the winter meetings and the most recent signings, and the Brewers come in near the bottom at 75/1. The Cubs and Giants lead at 6/1 each.
- The cost of relief pitching is going up, and Michael Bradburn of BP Milwaukee uses the recent trade of Ken Giles to compare the value the Brewers got for Francisco Rodriguez and the value the Astros got for Giles.
Minor League Update
- Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker looks at some of the younger bats currently in the Brewers system.
- The Angles signed outfielder Daniel Nava to a one-year contract.
- Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina had a second surgery on his injured thumb and is expected to miss most of spring training.
- The Indians signed first baseman Mike Napoli and outfielder Rajai Davis to one-year contracts.
- The Mets re-signed starting pitcher Bartolo Colon to a one-year, $7.25 million deal.
- The Orioles signed outfielder Hyun-soo Kim to a two-year, $3.5 million deal.
- The White Sox acquired third baseman Todd Frazier from the Reds as part of a three-team, seven-player trade that also involved the Dodgers.