Brewers News & Notes
- Continuing in the trade assets series, Kyle looks at the trade value the Brewers could get if they chose to trade Wily Peralta.
- Who do you think the Brewers should acquire to cover the first base position next season? You can vote in the poll that Derek posted yesterday.
- Last week, owner Mark Attanasio sent a letter to Brewers fans about the state of the franchise. Mike Bauman of MLB.com says that this is the right thing for the owner to do considering the rebuilding process that the team is currently going through.
- Even though the Brewers will be rebuilding in 2016, there's still a possibility that it will be a better team than in 2015. Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker looks at the roster and how it could be improved for next season.
- During this rebuilding process, one thing that will probably get overused is generic statements about being patient and waiting for the process to work. Over on BP Milwaukee, Michael Bradburn discusses one cliche in particular and how it relates to being patient.
- Does the revenue sharing process really help teams like the Brewers, or is it designed to help someone else? Jack Moore of BP Milwaukee looks at how revenue sharing is used and the teams that really benefit from it.
- Over in the FanPosts, some of our regulars have a few posts worth checking out. First, roguejim has a wish list for Santa Claus. Also, Infield Fly Rule has two posts, one a Winter League update, and the other a response to a comment looking for failed prospects who fit a certain criteria.
Minor League Update
- Over on Minor League Ball, Wayne Cavadi provides a prospect analysis of Keon Broxton and Trey Supak, the two prospects acquired in the Jason Rogers trade.
- The Indians signed LHP Tom Gorzelanny to a minor-league contract.
- The Pirates acquired LHP Kyle Lobstein from the Tigers in exchange for cash.
- The Rangers signed RHP A.J. Griffin to a minor-league contract with an invite to spring training.
- The Rockies signed RHP Adam Ottavino to a three-year, $10.4 million contract.