Brewers News & Notes
- The Brewers provided some early Christmas presents early yesterday in the form of some waiver claims. They picked up three players off of waivers: outfielder Kirk Nieuwenhuis from the Mets, catcher Josmil Pinto from the Padres, and first baseman Andy Wilkins from the Rangers. Derek has more information on the three players.
- Earlier in the day, a report came out that the Brewers are interested in free agent pitcher Mat Latos. Kyle takes a look at the starting pitcher and if he could help the Brewers in 2015.
- Wrapping up the Greatest Games of the 21st Century series, Travis looks back at the game on September 25th, 2008 against the Pirates, where Ryan Braun hit a grand slam to keep the Brewers in the playoff hunt.
- Instead of taking a step forward in 2015, Wily Peralta took a step back and had a rough year. Ryan Romano of BP Milwaukee looks at why Peralta didn't break out in 2015.
- Could Matt Garza have a bounce back year in 2016? On Disciples of Uecker, Justin Schultz looks at the numbers to see if Garza could have a better year in 2016.
- Despite all of the trades this offseason, Khris Davis remains on the Brewers roster. Seth Victor argues that the Brewers need to trade Davis sooner rather than later, while teams may still have space for him.
- Zach Davies doesn't profile as a top-tier starter, but could still have some value if he develops correctly. J.P. Breen of BP Milwaukee thinks that the Brewers could find the next Marco Estrada in Zach Davies.
- Over on The First Out at Third, Justin Schultz takes a minute to appreciate what Adam Lind did for the Brewers in 2015.
- The Angels claimed infielder Rey Navarro off of waivers from the Orioles.
- The Braves signed RHP Alexi Ogando to a minor-league deal.
- The Cubs signed RHP Brandon Gomes to a minor-league deal. They also released infielder Brendan Ryan.
- The Marlins claimed LHP Tim Berry off of waivers from the Orioles.
- The Pirates signed utlity player John Jaso to a two-year, $8 million contract.