Brewers News & Notes
- Beginning a look back at 2015, Derek went through all of the important transactions that happened in the last twelve months.
- Ryan Braun's contract makes it tough to trade him, but could a trade still happen? Steve Altstadt of Disciples of Uecker argues that Braun's stats in 2015 and the current market for outfielders helps make Braun look like a viable trade candidate.
- Jack Moore of BP Milwaukee looks at some of the biggest storylines of 2015, starting with the GM change and how the first few months have progressed.
- In the FanPosts, Aaron128 found a recent publication saying that the Brewers will lose over 100 games in 2016, and asks if that will happen next season.
- Also in the FanPosts, Infield Fly Rule takes an in-depth look at catcher Josmil Pinto.
- In the FanShots, great198 has links to two posts from the Shepherd Express, one ranking the ten best Brewers free agent signings, and the other ranking the worst ten Brewers free agent signings.
- Over on The Brewers Bar, Enrique Bakemeyer has a tribute to two people named Elian Herrera, one of them being the former Brewer, and the other a person with the same name. (Warning: This post is on the NSFW side.)
Minor League Update
- Travis notes that the Brewers have shut down Orlando Arcia for the rest of the winter instead of letting him complete the season in the Venezuelan Winter League.
- The Athletics signed starting pitcher Henderson Alvarez to a one-year contract.
- The Reds traded closer Aroldis Champan to the Yankees for minor league RHP Caleb Cotham and Rookie Davis and infielders Eric Jagielo and Tony Renda.