Brewers News & Notes
- After the Brewers three roster claims last week, the 40-man roster is now full. With holes still in the roster for 2016, the Brewers could have some tough choices to make this offseason. Derek looks at the potential roster cuts that could happen when other players are signed.
- The Brewers continued to add to their options for 2016, signing Eric Young, Jr. to a minor league deal with an invite to spring training.
- Cuban pitcher Yasiel Sierra has been declared a free agent, meaning teams are free to sign him. Kyle profiles the pitcher and if he would be a fit for the team.
- Over on Brewers.com, Adam McCalvy wrapped up the 2015 year with a review of the major storylines, and has a series of questions facing the team entering 2016.
- Continuing in their review of 2015, Julien Assouline looks at the bullpen and how it evolved over the course of the year.
- In his "Strange But True Feats of 2015" article, Jayson Stark of ESPN has a few strange moments from the Brewers season, including Scooter Gennett's hand injury and Khris Davis' reviewed home run.
- Over in the FanPosts, Yar Nivek has a list of anagrams of the names of Brewers players.
Minor League Update
- Bobby Glover of Minor League Ball looks at some players in the Brewers minor league system who could have a breakout year in the majors in 2016.
- Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker looks at the position player prospects and the questions facing them entering 2016.
- The Nationals signed infielder Stephen Drew to a one-year, $3 million contract.
- Former Red Sox third baseman Frank Malzone died on Tuesday at the age of 85.