Brewers News & Notes
- Several players were non-tendered on Wednesday, including some would could be valuable pickups for the Brewers. Derek looked through the list of non-tendered players and found a few that could make sense for the team.
- How well do you know previous top prospect lists? That's what Kyle Lobner challenges you to think about in this week's Thursday Thinker.
- The Winter Meetings are set to start on Sunday and the Brewers figure to be active players in the market there. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com reports that GM David Stearns intends to be very active during the meetings, and to expect more trades in the coming week.
- The Rule 5 draft will take place on the final day of the Winter Meetings, and there is an expectation that the Brewers will choose someone. In preparation for the draft, Kyle looks back at previous drafts to find any strategy that the Brewers have had.
- When it comes to Ryan Braun, it's safe to say that the fan base is divided on how to feel about him. Seth Victor of BP Milwaukee believes that there's no right or wrong way to feel about Braun, and it's something that each fan needs to decide for themselves.
- Cait Coves the Bases notes that Miller Park is one of the most Instagrammed places in America.
Minor League Update
- Baseball Prospectus released it's list of top 20 Brewers prospects yesterday. The first 10 are available on the Baseball Prospectus website for free, while J.P. Breen of BP Milwaukee has the list of the next 10 with some of his thoughts on them.
- Travis continued looking at the minors by position with center field, which has a lot of talent in the system but very little that is currently major-league ready.
- First impressions for a player can be hard to shake, and they can shape how a player is viewed throughout their minor league development. Michael Schwarz of BP Milwuakee looks at the case with Josh Hader and how some early impressions of him have stuck with scouts and other analysts.
- The Mets have signed RHP Jim Henderson to a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training.
- The Rays designated outfielder Joey Butler for assignment.
- The Tigers reached an agreement with RHP Mike Pelfrey on a two-year, $16 million deal.