Brewers News & Notes
- One of the areas that the Brewers could trade from is their depth at different positions where they have extra players available. Derek looks at the positions where they could trade from as part of the rebuild.
- The Brewers head to the Winter Meetings with a few positions of need in place. Adam McCalvy has a preview for the Brewers as they head to Nashville for the meeting. Also, McCalvy has a schedule for the meetings and how to watch some of the events.
- Meanwhile, one position that the Brewers could trade from is shortstop. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel notes that if the right deal comes around, the Brewers could trade Segura soon.
- Want to work for the Brewers? Baseball Prospectus has a job posting from the Brewers for an intern of Baseball Research and Development.
- On Disciples of Uecker, Nicholas Zettel rounds up some of the previews of the Winter Meetings along with his own preview.
- Over in the FanPosts, chris33 has three players that he would not trade. Also, danhoff believes that the Brewers should hold onto Matt Garza instead of trading him.
- The Athletics signed reliever Ryan Madson to a three-year, $22 million contract.
- The Cubs signed starting pitcher John Lackey to a two-year, $32 million contract.
- The Diamondbacks signed starting pitcher Zack Greinke to a six-year, $206 million contract.
- The Dodgers agreed to a one-year deal with second baseman Chase Utley.
- The Giants signed starting pitcher Jeff Samardzija to a five-year, $90 million deal.
- The Nationals signed LHP Oliver Perez to a two-year, $7 million contract.
- The Royals agreed to a three-year deal with RHP Joakim Soria.
- The Orioles signed relief pitcher Darren O'Day to a four-year, $31 million contract.
- The Tigers signed RHP Mike Pelfrey to a two-year, $18 million contract. They also signed catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to a one-year contract.