Brewers News and Analysis
- The full promotional schedule was released by the Brewers yesterday. Cait Covers the Bases has the highlights from a packed 2015 promo lineup.
- Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com put together a mailbag post that answers questions about the backup third baseman role, why the Brewers had a quiet offseason, and the possibility of trading Gerardo Parra.
- Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker has a summary of the transactions in the National League over the last month and a half, and how that could affect the National League as a whole.
- The Brewer Nation blog published a photo of the cover of this year's Brewers Media Guide.
- Over on Reviewing the Brew, Pete Schwichtenberg believes that the Brewers need to move on from Francisco Rodriguez.
- Enrique Bakemeyer of The Brewers Bar recently read Cardinals manager Mike Matheny's book, "The Matheny Manifesto", and has a review of the book.
- The Angels avoided arbitration with outfielder Matt Joyce and signed him to a one-year, $4.75 million contract.
- The Cardinals avoided arbitration with center fielder Jon Jay and signed him to a two-year, $10.975 million deal.
- Rickie Weeks is running out of time to find a new team before the start of spring training. Steve Adams of MLB Trade Rumors looks at some possible teams that could use the free agent second baseman.
- CC Sabathia has been progressing well through his rehab as he approaches spring training. Bryan Hoch of MLB.com notes that Sabathia hopes to make 30 starts in 2015.
- Every one of us has a least-favorite player. There's that one player that you just don't like, whether it's for legitimate reasons or not. Over on The Hardball Times, their writers weighed in on their least favorite players in a two-part series. Part one came out yesterday, and part two was released this morning.