Brewers News and Analysis
- Continuing his series previewing the Brewers season, Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com discusses how important the health of Ryan Braun and Aramis Ramirez will be to the team this year.
- Elian Herrera has a unique exercise that most other Dominican players don't have: shoveling snow. Adam McCalvy talks to Elian Herrera about his experiences living in the Midwest during the offseason.
- Over on Reviewing the Brew, Jeff Servi thinks that the Brewers should add an experienced bat to the bench, and Mark Ellis would fit that position.
- Francisco Rodriguez is still a free agent, and his asking price may be part of the reason why. Steve Adams of MLB Trade Rumors notes that Rodriguez is looking for a contract of $10 million for 2015.
- Marcus Young of Miller Park Prospects has the complete spring training schedule for the Brewers four minor league affiliates.
- The Brewer Nation continued their Brewers by the (Jersey) Numbers series with #48 Neal Cotts.
- The 7th annual Davey Nelson Celebrity Golf Tournament is set for Monday, June 29. Cait Covers the Bases has the details on this year's event.
- Cait Covers the Bases also notes that Hank the Ballpark Pup has been named Employee of the Month for the 11th straight month...and other Brewers employees are not happy about that.
- FanGraphs released their list of the top 200 prospects yesterday. The Brewers only had one player in the top 100, but seven in the top 200.
- The minor league wage lawsuit is moving along with a few twists. A motion to move the case to Florida (a more favorable state for the MLB clubs) will likely be refused, but he may dismiss the case for 11 of the 30 MLB teams that have no minor-league presence in California. Nathaniel Grow of FanGraphs updates the case as it stands right now.
- We're not far from baseball now. Pitchers and catchers report for the Giants, Indians, Phillies, Pirates, and Reds today. The Brewers pitchers and catchers report on Friday, just two days away.