Brewers News and Analysis
- The Brewers have had no luck at developing someone for the future at third base, and the question of what to do after Aramis Ramirez leaves is looming. Noah looks at the troubling situation at third base, and what the Brewers options will be after this season.
- Jordan started a new series yesterday on BCB Community Over/Unders. His first case is on Jonathan Lucroy, and if his production in 2015 will be over or under what ZiPS projections.
- Over in the FanPosts, storminTAZZ put up a hypothetical question: What would it take for the Brewers to acquire Alex Rodriguez?
- Nick Michalski of The Brewers Bar believes that the bold talk from the Brewers entering 2015 could backfire on them if they don't perform. He also likes what the Brewers are doing for the theme nights this year.
- Over on Reviewing the Brew, Steven Jewell has his projections for Wily Peralta in 2015.
- The Brewer Nation continued their Brewers by the (Jersey) Numbers series with #47 Rob Wooten.
- The Rockies won their arbitration case against catcher Wilin Rosario. He will earn a salary of $2.8 million in 2015 instead of the $3.3 million he was seeking.
- The Royals avoided arbitration with first baseman Eric Hosmer yesterday, signing him to a two-year, $13.9 million contract.
- After having no arbitration hearings in 2013, there have been eleven arbitration hearings this year, with three more still scheduled. Ken Rosenthal notes that fourteen cases would be the highest total since the 1994-95 strike if all three cases go to hearings. However, JP Morosi of Just a Bit Outside believes that this is not something to worry about (for now).
- Pitchers and catchers report for thirteen more teams today. The start of Brewers camp is just one day away now, as their pitchers and catchers report tomorrow.