Brewers News and Analysis
Stories from BCB
- The Brewers did make a formal offer to Yoan Moncada before he signed with the Red Sox. Adam McCalvy notes on Twitter that the Brewers made an offer that was rejected within 72 hours. McCalvy also noted that the Brewers offer was $15 million.
- Some of the Brewers position players have begun reporting to camp. Noah notes that Carlos Gomez, Gerardo Parra, and Khris Davis have all reported to camp.
News from Brewers Camp
- A lot of action happened over the first weekend of Brewers camp. In case you missed anything, The Brewer Nation blog has a recap of all of the action from the first weekend.
- One of the things that Ron Roenicke will have to figure out this spring is the batting order. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com looks at some of the questions that Ron Roenicke will have to answer when filling out his lineup card for the first time.
- In his daily notes, Adam McCalvy notes that Carlos Gomez is hungry for success, the status of three pitchers recovering from injury, and a birthday in camp.
- Tim Dillard has a look at Spring Training in the life of a minor league baseball player.
- Jonathan Lucroy is becoming the new face of the Brewers franchise, and it's a role that he's not used to. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel profiles the Brewers catcher as he begins a position-by-position preview of the Brewers.
- Count Pete Schwichtenberg among the believers in Ryan Braun. He thinks that a healthy Ryan Braun will return to his 2011 MVP form in 2015. He also notes that the Brewers losing the Yoan Moncada sweepstakes will end up benefiting the team.
- The Oscars were over the weekend, and it's a big time of year for film fans. Matt Clark made his own Oscars pick, and Cait Covers the Bases has Clark's picks from the big night.
- Cait Covers the Bases also has a first look at the Wily Peralta bobblehead.
- The Dodgers signed RHP Dustin McGowan to a minor-league deal with an invitation to Spring Training.
- The Rangers extended third baseman Adrian Beltre through the 2016 season with a guaranteed salary of $18 million. They also signed infielder Elliot Johnson to a minor-league deal with an invitation to Spring Training.
- B.J. Upton has decided to "change his name". Starting this season, he will begin using his given name of Melvin Upton Jr. instead of his nickname.
- In his first few weeks as commissioner, Rob Manfred has made some very controversial proposals. His most recent one: reducing the number of games in the season to 154.