Brewers News and Analysis
- Baseball is in a transitional period right now as Sabermetrics takes over, and there's a potential window for teams to take advantage before MLB adjusts the rules to close these advantages. Yesterday, Jordan analyzed a few possible ways that the Brewers could take advantage of Sabermetrics to gain an edge on the field.
- What can the Brewers expect from Lucroy platooning at first base against left-handed pitchers? Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker makes the case that Lucroy platooning at first base is the best option for the team.
- Over on Reviewing the Brew, Kyle Lesniewski published his projections for Scooter Gennett in 2015.
- As spring training approaches, the offseason is winding down. Nick Michalski of The Brewers Bar sees the Brewers as an active team in these final weeks, and looks at the remaining possibilities on the free agent market.
- With 60 days left to Opening Day, The Brewer Nation released the profile for #60 in their Brewers by the (Jersey) Numbers series, Matt Clark.
- Brad Krause of Miller Park Prospects released his list of top 40 Brewers prospects yesterday, led by shortstop Orlando Arcia.
- Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com notes that the Biloxi Shuckers are set to begin the 2015 season playing games in Huntsville. Their new stadium is not expected to be ready to go until June at the earliest.
- After trading for starting pitcher Wade Miley during the offseason, the Red Sox signed him to a three-year, $19.25 million extension, with an option for a fourth year at $12 million.